1. What is the atmosphere? *
1. It is another name for outer space
2. The first layer of the Earth’s crust
3. A layer of gases that surround the Earth
4. The inner materials that make up the planet
2. Which of the following best describes the Earth’s atmosphere? *
1. An empty space
2. A big blanket absorbing the Sun’s heat
3. A thin towel that does very little to protect the Earth
4. A large cloud that generates the Earth’s electromagnetic field
3. What is the ozone layer? *
( this was answered by a very ful person but i included it to not add confusion )
1. The layer of the Earth below the crust
2. The layer of the atmosphere that we breathe
3. A portion of the Earth’s atmosphere that protects the Earth from radiation
4. All of the above
4. In what layer of the Earth’s atmosphere do planes usually fly? *
5. What layer of the Earth’s atmosphere is heated by the Sun hitting the ozone layer? *
6. What layer of the Earth’s atmosphere is the layer next to the Earth? *
7. What layer of the Earth’s atmosphere is the outermost layer and where the atmosphere is the thinnest? *
8. What layer of the Earth’s atmosphere can become very hot during the day and thought of as the start of outer space? *
9. What layer of the Earth’s atmosphere is where most meteors burn up upon entry? *
10. Why is it difficult to breathe at high altitudes? *
1. Because you are closer to the sun the higher you go.
2. Because atmospheric gases become thinner the higher you go.
3. Because there is more carbon dioxide the higher you go.
4. Because there is no oxygen in the troposphere.